Save the date! Edmodo is hosting a one-day virtual conference on August 10, 2011 called EdmodoCon 2011. This conference will bring together Edmodo educators and new users from all over the world to learn, share ideas, and help all educators create an Edmodo Professional Learning Network. I LOVE IT!
If you haven’t checked out Edmodo yet…stop and go to http://edmodo.com right now and fall in love. Edmodo is a free and secure social learning network for teachers, students and schools. Edmodo provides classrooms a safe and easy way to connect and collaborate, offering a real-time platform to exchange ideas, share content, and access homework, grades and school notices.
Accessible online and from any mobile device via free smart phone applications, Edmodo has grown from a teacher tool into a district-wide resource as word of the free online service spreads through schools around the world. And, did I tell you the interface looks almost just like Facebook? The students absolutely love it!
Check out this video to learn more:
- If you are interested in the EdmodoCon event, event, join the EdmodoCon group with code: modo11.
- If you are interested in presenting at EdmodoCon, please see the call for presentations.
What’s New with Edmodo?
Edmodo has a few new features…check them out:
- PROFILE UPDATE: Now you can share your successes, interests, links to your teaching portfolio, and all of your favorite content directly on your Edmodo profile.
- CLAIM YOUR PERSONAL PROFILE URL: Easily share your Edmodo profile with your network by creating a custom personal profile URL (Example: http://edmodo.com/cathleenrichardson). To claim your personal URL, login to your Edmodo account and visit your profile page…I just did it in 15 seconds!
- THERE IS AN APP FOR THAT: The Edmodo apps have undergone a makeover! Download the latest version for the “A” phone or iPhone to view your profile and connect with other educators through Edmodo’s new “bump” functionality. Click HERE to learn more.
- Ideas for using Edmodo