Today Steve Job’s graced us with his famous September Keynote address. What does the infusion of the camera, the new iOS4.1 and the other goodies in the iPod touch now mean? Nirvana…that’s what. How long have waited for these very features?
Dear Reader, please know…the game has now changed. Imagine if you will, students armed with a device small enough to fit in their Ed Hardy jeans, but robust enough to:
- Take them anywhere they want via the Internet…no longer confined to the four walls of the classroom
- Further harness the power of the 21st century technology through Game Center. A new built-in app that takes gaming to another level. Not for education you say…wait until my next blog post 😉
- Capture their creativity through sound, video and images with the built-in camera with Retina display and HD video recording
- Chat with other students, subject matter experts, career specialist and more via a Wi-Fi connection and Facetime
- Slide to unlock the veritable treasure chest of digital eBooks via the iBook app (I’m sing while I type this lol)
- Pair share with another student in another class via Peer shared apps
- Allow students to utilize the huge cornucopia of educational apps through the new iTunes 10 update (which includes PING…another blog post to come)
- and much, much more
I LOVE APPLE, and Apple apparently LOVES me! Sigh. Blink. Blink. Blink. Ok fans, let me know your thoughts. I will continue this thread as the weeks progress. I am on a journey, one woman’s plight to discover and uncover the many ways to use the new and improved iPod touch. Stay tuned…my adventure has just begun.
P.S. If you haven’t downloaded the new iOS4.1…do it now. It’s available.
The Cre8tiv Mind